I hate being unproductive. While it’s important to take breaks, I don’t like wasting away my day doing something that isn’t useful or interesting. Here are some ideas on how you can take a break without feeling like you’ve wasted it.
1. Take a break from social media. This is probably the most important one. Sure, it’s nice to be on social media for a bit of time. But a bit of time can easily turn into a lot of time. And it’s not like it’s fun, you know? It’s definitely addicting. Maybe you go check Instagram because you’re bored. Then, once you’ve been on it for a while, you feel bored because there’s nothing new to see, but you stay because you’re bored. Afterwards, you feel bad about it because you’ve wasted your time and you’re still bored.
2. Go outside. Maybe walk around or something. Exercise is good. Oxygen is important for the proper brain function. Get that vitamin D.
3. Finish reading a book. I am guilty of being in the middle of several books, which means that there may be a period of a few years between the time a start reading a book and the time I finish it. But finishing a book is so satisfying and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
4. Clean your room. This one is great for feeling productive. Organize the books that are falling over on your bookshelf. Throw out the little bits of paper that are littering your desk. Remove the clothes that you’ll never wear anymore from your closet. Maybe take a look at what’s in that box that’s been in the corner for years. Once your stuff isn’t at risk for falling down if breathe on, you can actually see what colour your desk is, and you can successfully close the drawer without ramming into it, you’ll feel pretty proud of yourself.
5. Do that thing you’ve been avoiding. You know which one. Maybe you have a pile of homework you’ve been putting off. Maybe you need to update your resume. Maybe you need to rename the files on your computer because they’re all named random numbers and letters. Whatever it is, it probably needed to be done ages ago, and you really need to start.
6. Do something you really enjoy. How long has it been since you’ve last danced? Volunteered? Spent time with a friend? Baked four loaves of banana bread? Played kazoo? Doing something you love to do will fill up your time in the most enjoyable and memorable way.
7. Seriously, please take a break from social media. Even just a short one.
I hope this gave you some ideas!
- Added: 21.11.2018
- Views: 47
- Print page